Balamban Liempo

Street side stall

Haven’t I mentioned enough of this for you to know how I am seeking the perfect recipe? :) Balamban Liempo has been in my dreams, post with attempt here after I have read it in MarketManila. And suddenly finding one along the streets of Bohol was amazing. I literally instructed the driver to turn around since I wanted to see and buy some. I mean, how real can you get than buying from a Balamban Liempo stall? (Perhaps going to Balamban and buying there)

Roasting on spits :)

Of course, this style of cooking/marinating is already being done by Chicboy, hence why this has become one of my favorite food sources for liempo. But it was so cool to find this random stall which just newly opened too!

Chunks of meat

The 600g piece of meat is filled with green filling of spring onion and lemongrass. At P180 pesos, it seemed good enough. Considering that roasted chicken, which is around P200 to P250, still has bones, and the balamban liempo is all meat, it seemed worth it :)

Meeeeeeeat!

We had dinner plans with friends that night but it seemed we couldn’t control ourselves. We ended up snacking on it before we went out. We only ate a couple of pieces, but it was soooo good! The rest became part of our breakfast the next day :) If only one opens up here in Manila. :)

As of today, May 30, 2011, Balamban Liempo has tons of branches (please see comment below) and tons of them in Manila, yay! As of posting date of the blog, I thought they only had branches in VisMin :)

ANONAS – 76 Chico St. Qurino Proj. 2, Quezon City (63) 9237160522 ; (632)482 79 76
E. RODRIGUEZ – GARCIA SUPERMARKET, E. Rodruiguez Ave. (632)483 79 76
KAMUNING – 95 KAMUNING ROAD Q.C. (632)484 79 76
BATASAN HILLS  – 12 A FILINVEST 1 ROAD 1, BATASAN HILLS Q.C.  (632)482 76 82
CONCEPTION – PARCO Supermarket Conception Uno, Marikina City (63)9334507430
KAPITOLYO  – 6A SAN RAFAEL ST. Brgy Kapitolyo, Pasig City (63)9188089098 ;(632)584 81 51
METROWALK – Metrowalk Comercial Complex Outlet, Pasig City (632)806 44 93
PROJECT 4 – 20C LAKANDULA ST. PROJ. 4 Q.C. (63)9228253242
About these ads
Comments
21 Responses to “Balamban Liempo”
  1. jojo vergara says:

hi, this is jojo vergara, owner of balamban liempo, thank you very much for your kind words. i would like to clarify that balamban liempo has been open way ahead of chicboy, but we started here in cebu, however we have already opened stores in manila, we are at merkato central( every sunday), barangay capitolyo in pasig, metrowalk, UST, Project 4 Qc, Anonas QC, Parko Marikina, Kamuning QC, Greenhills, E. Rodriguez QC. Soon to open in Batasan hills, please tell your friends to drop by, thanks!!!!!

• clarissa623 says:

Hi Jojo :) Thank you for visiting the site. I figured that you opened before Chicboy since you have numerous branches already, just that I got to try Chicboy first before yours, and all the way in Bohol pa! I noticed that almost all of your branches in the northern part of Metro Manila. Aren’t you going to open in the south soon? :)

• Raechel Lee says:

Hi, may I know where exactly your Parko Marikina branch located? Thanks! :)

2. Sundy says:

It’s in Parco Bayan-bayanan road, Concepcion Uno. The store is located in the food kiosk infront of Parco. :)

3. jeff says:

It excites me to know that Balamban Liempo is now within reach! I’ve visited the branch in Fuente Osmena and even brought 2 slabs back here in Manila and now, WOW! finally I can get a slab anytime I want to. . . Heavenly!!! Thanks Balamban Liempo. . .
    May I kindly know the exact address in Kamuning. . . Thanks

• ryan seng says:

HI Jeff! This is Ryan the franchisee of Balamban Liempo Kamuning Branch, its located near Edsa (around 200 meters away), there’s BPI, Botak, and Honda whithin the area and we’re located beside Cassava Cake. Its great to know that you’re a fan of Balamban Liempo as we are crazy for it as well! Kris Aquino recently made a tweet about it, hope to see you at our branch soon and thanks for inquiring jeff! :-)

• ryan seng says:

oh by the way, we only have one landline for the branches at Kamuning, Anonas, and E.rod, its 482-7976. Please disregard the other numbers 483 and 484, its a slight typo error :-)

• Vince says:

Ryan, I’m from Kamuning and I’ve been to your store 3 times already. I only have one complaint. How come you never seem to have any stock of chicken every time I go there? It’s always the same answer: “Sir, naubusan po.” Don’t you monitor your inventory?

4. clarissa623 says:

Hi Jojo :) Maybe you can leave more specific branch locations here? Or if you can email them to me directly, so I can post a link on the blog already. :) Thanks!

5. i tried the balamban liempo thru ebay’s kuponan and the hunt for the store in kamuning was worth it. the 4 slabs we hoarded was worth the trip, Great replacement for Cebu Lechon indeed :-)

6. Eugen Prince says:

Hello my future neigboars :)
    I found that site searching for BPI in Balamban…
    I am Eugen from Austria-Europe, we have german language here but you will understand my filipino english(coz that is what i learnd from chat with filipina :)
    At first i must say that as nature lover i realy miss that beautiful places there….
    I plan to come again this year with 5years visa… to live again in nature there witouth winter and snow and to hear again frogs, crickets and birds singing :)
    I realy miss that places and hope to be there this year, with God`s help…
    I want to ask if there in Balamban exist BPI bank.
    I will like to call BPI bank in Balamban to ask if they accept money via Paypal IF i will have bank account there. Because using Paypal here i can send money in 2 sec. witouth to pay tax and i am curious if that will be posible also with Phils.
    Paypal was totaly new there, some years ago.. but maybe now there work with Paypal.
    I will like to have my bank account there in Balamban BPI if will be posible.
    Ofcourse i don`t have filipino citizenship but i plan to marry there.
    And i will like to have the phone number or any internet add. or email from Hardware shop in Balamban.
    Coming down from montains via skyway, the shop was imediately there to entrance in Balamban.
    And nearly there in the other site of the street was a shop where i bought propan-butan earth gass too cook food.
    But was 7 years ago when i visited Phils for the last time..
    I was two times in Phils… the first time was 8years ago and i was 3 months living there and 7years ago i was again 6 months living there.
    I was coming for 3 weeks visite there but i like it very much and i decided to stay 3 months there.. then i was sad when i need it to go back to Austria and the next year i was again in Phils for 3 months but i decided to stay 6 months there..
    I told you all this so that you know foreigners love Phils… i am the one of them who realy love your country and the peopels there… and i plan to live forever there (but i must wait to be retired).
    I feel myself much better there than here (even i see Austria as the best country in Europe) but for a nature lover like me the most important is a climate where is never winter and snow… where i can build my garden like a paradise and never die coz winter..
    I want to start now to build my bamboo house there anywhere in nature near Balamban and i will need a new calculation :)
    I was in that Harware shop in Balamban.. i bought any materials there but i lost the phone number and now i will need to know the price for materials to build my house there.
    And my other question will be if somebody can tell me where i can buy big dry bamboo there in Balamban or from anywhere around Balamban ..
    Can somebody help me?.
    My email add is: eugenprince@gmail.com
    I know filipino are the mostly friendly and helpful peoples in the world and that is why i dare to write all this, having all trust in my future neigboars :)
    And i hope to see eachother there, alredy this year… with God`s help.
    God bless you all there…
    Your future neigboar Eugen Prince :)

• clarissa623 says:

Hi Eugen. That was quite a lot of information. I hope some people will be able to help you when they read this since I am too far from the area to even know anything about it much :) Goodluck on your housebuilding :)

7. millerlex@aol.com says:

hello! I am glad to read your blog. I just came back from Philippines, and the whole time I’ve been there we always buy from Balamban Liempo and of course I am from Balamban…missed their chicken and liempo…thank you so much.

• clarissa623 says:

You can try recreating it. I have some recipes for Cebu lechon and Cebu Lechon Manok (with varied results!). It’s easy enough to do, and at least you will be able to have it wherever you are!

Trackbacks
Check out what others are saying...
  1. [...] measure of good roasted liempo and great lechon manok is the Cebu version, which has not failed to make me happy. Of course, I [...]